We are looking to welcome an energetic, strategic, and hands-on Production Manager to join our growing Folding Cartons Operations team. Our ideal candidate supports us by leading our mission in changing the game in service.
Who We Are: Established in 1982, Great Little Box Company is a family owned and operated leading manufacturer of Corrugated Boxes, Labels, Protective Packaging, Folding Cartons, and Shipping Supplies. We make almost anything a company will need to package, ship out, and display their products – making us the one stop shop for packaging needs.
We take pride in our initiatives to make safety a priority. We demonstrate this with our structured inhouse training, providing personal protective equipment and our innovative and supportive culture.
- Effectively manage day to day operations of your Folding Carton Operations team
- Proactively ensure that Safety, Food Safety, Quality, On Time Delivery, and Productivity metrics are all meeting or exceeding targets
- Motivate and lead your Folding Carton Operations team by actively listening, problem solving, and responding flexibly and creatively to new challenges
- Present new and innovative ideas for change by collaborating with all divisions to achieve targeted business results
- Develop strategies to ensure that Operations meet the company’s growing requirements
- Drive process improvement to optimize productivity and efficiency by collaborating on policy deployment in the areas of Lean Manufacturing
Qualifications and Skills:
- Several years of Lean Manufacturing experience is preferred
- Drive to problem solve in a strategic and efficient manner to overcome systemic obstacles
- Thrive in a true team environment and build strong interpersonal relationships
- Effective multi-tasking ability paired with a passion for organization
- Attentiveness to details with a strong technical aptitude and computer savviness
- Experience in the Print or Packing Industry is an asset
- Key liaison to internal customers by facilitating relationships both upstream and downstream from the production process.
- Reports to the VP, Operations
- Collaborates and coordinates with the Customer Solutions and Sales teams to ensure the customer’s experience and product is beyond their expectations
- Customer Excellence: Attending daily production meetings and playing an active role in ensuring that our customer’s objectives are exceeded
- Continuous Improvement: Recommend and implement strategies to continually improve service and expand the abilities of the department
- Culture: Demonstrates a supportive and enthusiastic attitude that fosters a positive outlook for the Folding Cartons Operations team and GLBC as a whole
- Trust: Has an approachable and supportive attitude to establish a sense of trust between internal departments and front-line staff
What makes us a great place to work?
We were awarded Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers (2018) published by the Globe and Mail, as well as BC’s Top Employers (2018) published by the Vancouver Sun.
We offer employee-based recognition and reward programs including profit sharing, continuous improvement incentives, and companywide performance goals.
We promote a healthy lifestyle with our onsite gym, weekly local fresh fruit and company hiking trips. Throughout the year, we host diversity celebration lunches such as Dhawali, Chinese New Year and many more, organize foosball tournaments and have amazing summer BBQ’s. On an annual basis, we hold an employee golf tournament and both a children’s and adult holiday party.
When we have a great year, we take all our staff on a trip, on our dime! In previous years, as a company we have traveled to México and Las Vegas to celebrate our success
GLBC is fully committed to two things – our employees and our customers. We emphasize teamwork but value individual contributions to the team. If you are someone who values customers and a truly Great place to work – Please apply below if interested.
Great Little Box Company welcomes all applicants but is not in a transit friendly area, please take this into consideration when applying.
We look forward to reviewing your resume. Thank you for your interest in the Great Little Box Company.