Who We Are:
Established in 1982, Great Little Box Company is a leading manufacturer of Corrugated Boxes, Labels, Protective Packaging, Folding Cartons, and Shipping Supplies. We make almost anything a company will need to package, ship out, and display their products.
We were awarded Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers (2018) published by the Globe and Mail, as well as BC’s Top Employers (2018) published by the Vancouver Sun. We are also recognized as a Platinum member of Deloitte’s list of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and have achieved multiple Design and Print awards from trade organizations such as TAPPI, the FTA, and the PPC for just some of the outstanding products we manufacture. When we have a great year, we’ve taken all staff to México or Las Vegas. Without a doubt, we are a great place to work
Due to the rapid expansion of our new Off-Set Printing Division, we are looking for an experiences Off-Set Pressman for our 8 colour 41” KBA Press.
About the Role:
Due to the rapid expansion of our new off-set printing division, we are looking for a Pressman Feeder for our 8 colour 41” KBA press. This will be a week shift Monday – Thursday, either day shift (5am – 3:30pm) or afternoon shift (3:00pm – 1:30am)
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 1 year experience working in manufacturing/printing
- Basic knowledge of presswork procedures and materials
- Ability to accurately follow and read instructions on the job ticket
- Ability to operate hand carts, pallet jacks, stackers, and feeder mechanisms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to use a computer an asset
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in a collaborate and team environment
- Ensure material is loaded into feeders, to supply a constant flow of materials while the equipment is running
- Make adjustments to equipment such as feeder mechanism based on the size of paper
- Deliver equipment components such as plates and ink to the equipment for installation
- Provide basic assistance as needed to setup for make-ready on equipment
- Assist with retrieving, hanging and recycling/storing plates
- Gather, check, prepare and stage all job components for press
- Work with minimal supervision
- Troubleshoot quality and press issues
- Follow department procedures
GLBC is fully committed to two things – our employees and our customers. We offer employee based recognition and reward programs including profit sharing, continuous improvement incentives, and companywide performance goals. We emphasize teamwork but value individual contributions to the team. Come join our winning team. We’re passionate, energetic and committed to provide excellence in packaging solutions.
If you are someone who values customers and a truly Great place to work – Please apply below if interested.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.