Who We Are:
Established in 1982, Great Little Box Company is a leading manufacturer of Corrugated Boxes, Labels, Protective Packaging, Folding Cartons, and Shipping Supplies. We make almost anything a company will need to package, ship out, and display their products.
We were awarded Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers (2018) published by the Globe and Mail, as well as BC’s Top Employers (2018) published by the Vancouver Sun. We are also recognized as a Platinum member of Deloitte’s list of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and have achieved multiple Design and Print awards from trade organizations such as TAPPI, the FTA, and the PPC for just some of the outstanding products we manufacture. When we have a great year, we’ve taken all staff to México or Las Vegas. Without a doubt, we are a great place to work.
If you like a fast-paced environment and a variety of projects, this could be the place for you. Once you are on board you will be working with several internal departments and responsible for designing products from conception to production, so you must be a great communicator and very detail oriented.
This position is a permanent full-time position Monday to Friday
- Provides structural packaging design solutions utilizing corrugated and folding carton materials for our customers that considers a combination of innovation, efficiency in manufacturability, ease of assembly and cost effectiveness all within specified deadlines and keeping to on-time delivery and quality targets.
- Uses technical skills to communicate and prepare manufacturing details on production specification sheets, design dielines for Graphics application and dielines for steel die tooling.
- Technical communication of designs to our customers and vendors as well as departments within the organization including Sales, Prepress, Customer Service, Production, Scheduling, Technical Planning Team and Quality.
- Work within a team of Packaging Designers and/or Estimators. Assist in maintaining and keeping organized the company’s design file assets and participate in departmental continual improvement initiatives.
- Post-secondary credentials or work experience related to Packaging Design, CAD Drafting and Design, CAD Technology, or Industrial Design.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to take initiative and multi task various projects to meet demanding deadlines. Excellent time-management, highly organized and has a high level of problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Positive energy and enthusiasm with a high level of professionalism and customer service.
- Experience using ESKO ArtiosCAD software.
- Experience with other packaging design software and concepts like packaging testing procedures, Palletization design, technical paper and board properties.
GLBC is fully committed to two things – our employees and our customers. We offer employee based recognition and reward programs including profit sharing, continuous improvement incentives, and company wide performance goals. We emphasize teamwork but value individual contributions to the team. If you are someone who values customers and a truly Great place to work – Submit your application and cover letter outlining your strengths and experience that demonstrate commitment to excellence and potential for success.